I designed simple logos that can be placed on the care cards to represent the type of information that will be on the card. These can be used to represent the tops they want to provide their clients with, based on, light, water, temperature, and humidity.
PottedJungle requested me to design a care card for them that they give to their clients with important information. Using the leaves I created for the logo I just incorporated them into this care card.
Document with font, logo, and some branding colors
Final vectorized logo
I did some adjustments with the font combination that was selected by Potted Jungle. Going to continue to finalize small details, and then try vectorizing this logo.
I got some super positive feedback on the logo designs! They love the layout of the leaves in the third triangle and the font combination in the second triangle.
They have requested that I use the font combination in the second triangle with the addition of the monster leave at the end in the third font combination. 🤩💚🌿
Experimented with some more designs today
Adding some more details + plants to fill in white spaces
Liking the addition of the golden leaves, gives the design more contrast
First iteration of the logo design. Working on drawing the leaves in Procreate. Need to continue making it look fuller. Not sure how I feel about the sizes and placement of the leaves. I will keep experimenting.
Update: It's taking me a really long time to put together the leaves with the effect. I think it might be hard to achieve this kind of look by vectorizing each leaf individually.
I'm going to quickly try drawing out the entire logo on my iPad and image tracing that. There will def be lots of paths but I'm going to see what happens…
The second approach:
I vectorized my leaf drawing in Illustrator and brought it into Figma. (this can be done on Illustrator too). To achieve the watercolor/texturized look I added the effect as a separate white later on top of the leaf.
The leaf on the left has an opacity of 50% of the image, and the leaf on the right has an opacity of 100%. This gives me some room to increase or decrease the harshness of the effect applied on the leaf.
I think I am going to go for the second approach. This will allow the clients to view the leaves with and without the effect and to what degree they would like the effect to show. With the first method, the texturized effect and the leaf itself are vectorized, so it would be difficult to alter or make any changes. This would result in me to manually adjust each path.
I started working on the logo design again today. Before I start designing I'm trying to experiment with how I'm going to achieve the watercolor effect with a vectorized logo.
There are two solutions. The first solution is to add the watercolor effect onto the leaf and do an image trace of the entire leaf in Illustrator. However, this resulted in the leaf to have millions of paths. Not sure if this would be the most effective method in terms of the logo design.
On the right of the image, you can see there are so many paths, but it was able to vectorize the watercolor effect as a whole which is great!
Some combinations I came up with
Picking out some fonts I like for the word "Potted". Going to try combining it with the ones I chose for jungle and see which pairs look the best together.
Vectorized some of my fonts and brought it into Figma!! This is getting me excited and I'm thinking about making my own font/typography one day 🤩
Hand written fonts/lettering by me
Testing out some fonts in Figma for the word 'Jungle'
Got positive feedback on Mood Board no.2
- work on title
- start designing leaves to surround the logo
Since I am going to have to vectorize the logo I am designing, thinking about how I am going to vectorize the watercolor effect they want on their plants.
I can easily achieve the watercolor logo in a png format, but vectorizing that might be difficult.
Going to experiment vectorizing a watercolor plant.
Draw leaf in Procreate > Create a washed-out white watercolor effect and export as an image > Vectorize plant image in Illustrator > Export SVG into Figma > add watercolor effect as a separate layer on the plant (png format).
Moodboard no. 2
Complied logos/designs that fit the feel/brand image PottedJungle is trying to achieve.
Feedback on my mood board/rough designs ✨:
- They love the designs
- PottedJungle initially wanted a simple logo like the ones I created, but after further consideration they want a fuller and more wild look to match the brand name (PottedJungle)
- Image attached in this output is the kind of design they are looking for
- Specific flowers they want me to include in the logo: monster, rubber plant leaves, bird of paradise leaf
Rough logo designs I drew using Procreate. I sent this file to PottedJungleTO to receive some feedback before I start designing the vectorized logo.
PottedJungleTO's current logo on their social media platforms.
I start most of my design thinking with a mood board. I started searching for different plant logos that are already existing. I compiled images that I thought were visually appealing and created a collage.
I am going to use this as inspiration for PottedJungleTO's logo design.
PottedJungleTO is a Toronto based company that sells plants. I reached out to them via Instagram sharing my plant designs with them that I've been working on recently. They really admired my work and asked me to design a logo for them.
I will be sharing my design process on this journal.