New Sidebar Design Goals
Overall, the sidebar that futureland use revolves around should act more like the interface north star that it is.
- A persistent way to navigate your journals. It keeps you centered in place and makes it easier to jump between journals. Adds clarity to using futureland overall by matching the information hierarchy to the UI hierarchy
- Direct manipulation: Journal CRUD happens here: Where you create, edit, delete journals
- Clarify/teach the relationship between 'daily' and regular journals
- Teach the user about streaks
- user can configure streaks, in days units
- Allows and encourages the creation of posts directly. More engaging/habit-forming to post, posting feels like popping bubble wrap
- Streamlining: removes the need for the top-right menu, and 'profile' on the bottom-right. Eventually, replaces the profile page entirely.
- Handles journal invites
- unifies mobile and desktop UI